Living in a dominated group is simply not healthy. The articles included on this page explain why.
It is plain to see that these effects are present in current and former members of the Community of Jesus. If the Community is blessed by God, why would these traits appear? If living at the Community is truly God’s will, why are so many people on anti-depressants?
More articles will be added over time. Check back often for updates.
About Child Development
Here are some sites to help you learn more about the Community and other high-control environments:
- Born or Raised in High-Demand Groups: Developmental Considerations
- A well-written article from someone who knows first-hand what it is like to grow up in an environment like the Community.
- Please give this article careful consideration. It is not written by a former Community member or someone who is being negative about the Community or out to get the Community. Think about the content of the article; pray for guidance; pray that you’ll see and understand the truth. Once you’ve done that, follow your heart.
- An article on how intact families help child development. Even though the testimony concerns adoption of children by same-sex couples, the information of interest is about normal, healthy child development within a family that is intact.
- Sadly, this is not practiced in the Community of Jesus. While some children may live with their parents or parent at various times, children do not generally live with their parents. This practice actually causes more harm than good.
- After Abuse, Changes in the Brain
- Does the abuse cause biological changes that may increase the risk for developing mental problems later in life?